Hospice and Green Burial
Join us February 19, 2013
Door Opens 6:00 Meeting 6:45-9:00 pm
Location: Providence Park Hospital 47601 Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI. 48374.
Follow signs to Heart Institute and park in that lot and use South entrance.
Conference Room A & B If lost call: (248) 465-4100
Speaker: Pamela Ortner, RN, MS, CHPN
A Fitting End: A Back to the Future Look at the Green Burial Movement …
Objectives: By the end of the presentation you should be able to:
• Self-identify personal values/wishes for after-lifecare
• Describe one difference between conventional &greener funeral/ritual
and burial process in the U.S.
• List one Michigan-specific legal requirement for burial.
• List two themes that emerged from survey of participants in home funerals
• Discuss two ways to assist patients, families, caregivers in using ritual and symbolism when planning home funerals & burials
$3.00 for members and $5.00 for non-members.
2 CNE’s pending $10.00 for members and $15.00 for non-member
Please support The Michigan Holistic Nurses Association if you live in Michigan. They are a wonderful resource, and my having had a holistic hospice nurse probably contributed to my getting kicked out of hospice almost 4 years ago!
Craig Oster, PhD