About: Dr. Terry Wahls
Dr. Terry Wahls is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa where she teaches internal medicine residents, sees patients in a traumatic brain injury clinic and a therapeutic lifestyle clinic for those with complex chronic disease. In addition she conducts clinical trials testing the efficacy of diet and lifestyle to treat chronic disease. She is also a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years. Dr. Wahls restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for her brain and her mitochondria and now pedals her bike to work each day. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine and the paperback, The Wahls Protocol A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles and teaches the public and medical community about the healing power of intensive nutrition.
Dr. Wahls is conducting clinical trials testing the effect of nutrition and lifestyle interventions to treat MS. She is also committed to teaching the public and medical community about the healing power of the Paleo diet and therapeutic lifestyle changes to restore health and vitality to our citizens. To learn more about Dr. Wahl's research, visit her website: www.TerryWahls.com.
Recent Posts by Dr. Terry Wahls
Recent Comments by Dr. Terry Wahls
- 05/28/2017 on A Deed for a World in Need
- 05/28/2017 on Dr. Craig and Mrs. A (Who has ALS) Explore Her Choice to Consume Processed Sugar
- 05/28/2017 on Video: MSG – Making People Sick Year After Year (Yet ALS Forums Promotes That People With ALS Shouldn’t Worry About MSG)
- 05/28/2017 on How Do We Define “The Will to Live”?
- 02/21/2017 on Liquid Hope All Organic Whole Foods Meal Replacement Formula (Compatible with Enteral Feeding)