About: Dr. Terry Wahls
Dr. Terry Wahls is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa where she teaches internal medicine residents, sees patients in a traumatic brain injury clinic and a therapeutic lifestyle clinic for those with complex chronic disease. In addition she conducts clinical trials testing the efficacy of diet and lifestyle to treat chronic disease. She is also a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years. Dr. Wahls restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for her brain and her mitochondria and now pedals her bike to work each day. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine and the paperback, The Wahls Protocol A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles and teaches the public and medical community about the healing power of intensive nutrition.
Dr. Wahls is conducting clinical trials testing the effect of nutrition and lifestyle interventions to treat MS. She is also committed to teaching the public and medical community about the healing power of the Paleo diet and therapeutic lifestyle changes to restore health and vitality to our citizens. To learn more about Dr. Wahl's research, visit her website: www.TerryWahls.com.
Recent Posts by Dr. Terry Wahls
Recent Comments by Dr. Terry Wahls
- 09/08/2019 on Report of ALS Improvement in Portugal: Bernardo Tells His Story
- 02/21/2019 on Dr Craig’s “ROCKIN’ THE UNTHINKABLE” Short ALS Film- Award of Excellence Winner!
- 02/19/2019 on Report of ALS Improvement in Portugal: Bernardo Tells His Story
- 06/26/2018 on Report of ALS Improvement in Portugal: Bernardo Tells His Story
- 06/26/2018 on Medical Doctor Father Helps Son Improve ALS