About: Dr. Craig
25-year survivor of ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) & Co-founder / Scientist / Advocate at THE HEALERS campaign.
In 1994, at the age of 30, Craig Oster was given the “death sentence” diagnosis of ALS, better known as “Lou Gehrig’s disease.” Even though Craig’s physical functioning was slipping away, he went on to earn a Ph.D. in clinical psychology in 1996. Dr. Craig entered hospice in late 2008. Dr. Craig’s fierce holistic quest turned his condition toward healing and he was discharged from hospice on May 30th, 2009.Dr. Craig co-founded THE HEALERS Campaign on New Year’s Day 2012 with a mission to:
- Demonstrate as much wellness as possible using his integrative approach focused on diet/nutrition, mind/spirit, and physical exercise
- Inspire people to constructively approach whatever “hand that they have been dealt in life”
- Conduct innovative ALS scientific peer-reviewed research that has the potential to enhance the wellness and quality of lives of people with ALS and their caregivers.
Over 50 renowned integrative medicine doctors, other health professionals and scientists have joined Dr. Craig’s ALS scientific research and holistic health educational campaign advisory team.
Recent Posts by Dr. Craig
Recent Comments by Dr. Craig
- 07/23/2020 on 20-Year ALS Survivor/Scientist Asks ALS Association to Answer Scientific Questions about ALSA Dietary Recommendations
- 07/06/2020 on 20-Year ALS Survivor/Scientist Asks ALS Association to Answer Scientific Questions about ALSA Dietary Recommendations
- 09/08/2019 on Report of ALS Improvement in Portugal: Bernardo Tells His Story
- 02/21/2019 on Dr Craig’s “ROCKIN’ THE UNTHINKABLE” Short ALS Film- Award of Excellence Winner!
- 02/19/2019 on Report of ALS Improvement in Portugal: Bernardo Tells His Story