Dr. Zafar is Qualified as M.D. Unani Medicine, and a Ph.D. in Ayruveda. He is one of 24 experts of Unani Medicine enlisted at the website of AYUSH Department, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. Dr. Zafar is a Professor of Unani Medicine with teaching and training experience of 21 years.
- Visting faculty for the Unani Medicine in the course of M.Sc. Bioanalytical Sciences, and M.Sc. Herbal Sciences, in some institutes at Mumbai, India.
- Visiting research faculty at Centre for Biofield Sciences, Pune, India
- Chief Editor of “Holistic Health Care and Research” an international journal of health sciences, ISSN: 2250-2262
- Guide of M.D. students in experimental and clinical research.
- Working on Unani Medicine, Ayruveda, pharmacognosy, phytochemistry, pharmaceutics, aromatherapy, psychopharmacology, standardization of natural drugs and compound formulations.
- Keen interest in research on energy, life-force and biofield.
- Writing, compilating and editing many books
- Passion for singing, visual and performing art, poetry, adventure wild and herbal tours, photography, etc.